viernes, 22 de mayo de 2015

racism still exist?





racism still exist?  

we learned a lot of how the afro american people fought for their rights, but were the civil movements the remedy to finish with discrimination?

something really interesting happened on July 17, 2014 and was the Eric Garner's death, a afro american man that was killed after that a police officer put him in a chokehold for 15 seconds, the officer make's compression in Eric's throat for about 15 seconds preventing him breath.


What was the reason for do it? 

Eric was selling cigarettes on the street and  was the reason to arrest him, but the arrest was a little violent and finished with his life.

I think that there is not reason for take someone's life and that's remember me so much the violent way that the policeman had at the moment to stop the civil movements. 

while eric was drowning said "I can't breathe" so if you put this on google or wherever social network you will find this because that was a controversial new arround the world.

We know that the movements and all the Martin Luther King's revolution was a long time ago, and also we know that the movements had a good results for finish with segregation and discrimination, but this happened one year ago so, even in this times exist the racism I think.

What do you think about this? 

Where are the non violent ways?


Here I will post the video with the moment that he said "I can't  breathe"




2 comentarios:

  1. I saw the video last year and I was shocked when I read about some other similar cases. Some police officers are very ruthless (specially when it involves black people) but I think that the worst part is that there are some people who defend those policemans and justify their actions. Some of them talked about black people like they were animals and deserved the bad treatment, it was awful.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Had this situation been different if the man had been white? In spite of the skin color of the persons, do I ask where there are the " American values "? liberty and respect, IN SPITE OF THE SKIN COLOR, persons are killed , Americans are killed. The relevance of this event was impressive because it questions the whole delicate order that even does a couple of years it was kept in United States. I think that the racial fear in this country never finished. I don't believe that this ends soon...

    ResponderEliminar